Save the Date for the 2018 Women of Distinction Banquet and Program: Thursday, April 19, 2018.
YWCA of Alton will host the 28th annual Women of Distinction dinner on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Commons, Lewis and Clark
Community College, Godfrey, IL. “The YWCA is on a mission to celebrate
the accomplishments of the Women of Distinction Honorees and to provide
financial support for young women who will be our future leaders. This
financial support is accomplished through the Josephine Marley Beckwith
Future Leaders Scholarship awards. We hope you will join us and show
support for the mission of the YWCA, which is eliminating racism,
empowering women and promoting peace, justice freedom and dignity for
all," said the YWCA Board President, Gail Donnelly Bader.
The Women of Distinction event was initiated in 1991 by Sandra Lauschke and Nancy Ryrie to honor women who, through their boundless commitment to the community through their service to others and through their compassionate leadership, help improve the quality of life for everyone in their communities. The women honored at this event represent the diversity of women's interests, talents and achievements. Since 1991, 251 area women of all ages and from all walks of life have been recognized as Women of Distinction. In addition to recognizing outstanding women leaders, the event also raises money to support YWCA programming throughout the year through corporate sponsorship and event ticket sales.
The Women of Distinction Award is presented to women who....
• live, work or volunteer in Madison or Jersey County
• serve as role models or mentors to other women and girls
• demonstrate a commitment to the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
• advocate for positive social change that helps create a more equitable society
• support policies, practices, attitudes, and actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all
• give back to the community through their time, talent and resources
• demonstrate leadership in their fields of expertise
Women of Distinction Award recipients are selected by a committee of community leaders and YWCA Board members who meet to consider nominations and make final selections based on written criteria.
How to nominate someone for the Award
(Check back early 2018 for Update)
- Download a nomination packet; or
- Pick up a packet at the YWCA, 304 E. Third Street, Alton, Illinois; or
- Request a nomination form via email at email@example.com; and
- Submit your nomination to the YWCA of Alton by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 6, 2017, via regular post to 304 E. Third Street, Alton, IL 62002; or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or drop off one printed copy at the YWCA building. No exceptions will be made to this deadline.
The YWCA invites the community to join in the recognition of these women. Reservations for the Women of Distinction dinner may be made by calling the YWCA of Alton at 465-7774, or email us at email@example.com. Reservations are $60 per person or $480 for a table of 8. On line reservations will be available soon.
Call for Nominations
WOD Event History and How to Nominate
Register Online Now