Women of Distinction 2018
The YWCA of Alton will host the 28th annual Women of Distinction dinner on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the Commons, Lewis and Clark Community College, Godfrey, IL. “The YWCA is on a mission to celebrate the accomplishments of the Women of Distinction Honorees and to provide financial support for young women who will be our future leaders. This financial support is accomplished through the Josephine Marley Beckwith Future Leaders Scholarship awards. We hope you will join us and show support for the mission of the YWCA, which is eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice freedom and dignity for all," said the YWCA Board President, Barbara Morrissey McGrew.
The Women of Distinction event was initiated in 1991 by Sandra Lauschke and Nancy Ryrie to honor women who, through their boundless commitment to the community through their service to others and through their compassionate leadership, help improve the quality of life for everyone in their communities. The women honored at this event represent the diversity of women's interests, talents and achievements. Since 1991, 251 area women of all ages and from all walks of life have been recognized as Women of Distinction. In addition to recognizing outstanding women leaders, the event also raises money to support YWCA programming throughout the year through corporate sponsorship and event ticket sales.
The Women of Distinction Award is presented to women who....
• live, work or volunteer in Madison or Jersey County
• serve as role models or mentors to other women and girls
• demonstrate a commitment to the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
• advocate for positive social change that helps create a more equitable society
• support policies, practices, attitudes, and actions that are intended to produce equitable outcomes for all
• give back to the community through their time, talent and resources
• demonstrate leadership in their fields of expertise
Women of Distinction Award recipients are selected by a committee of community leaders and YWCA Board members who meet to consider nominations and make final selections based on written criteria.
How to nominate someone for the Award
The YWCA invites the community to join in the recognition of these women. Reservations for the Women of Distinction dinner may be made by calling the YWCA of Alton at 465-7774, or email us at email@example.com. Reservations are $60 per person or $480 for a table of 8. On line reservations will be available soon.