YWCA of Alton offers a high-quality year-round Child Enrichment program serving children in the Alton, Roxana, and Wood River-Hartford School Districts. The program helps children achieve and maintain a positive sense of self through academic, cognitive, social, physical, and creative development in an environment that is clean, safe, and nurturing. In addition, we accept CCAP payments (CHASI and DCFS Collaborations).
COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Policies: YWCA of Alton is dedicated to the health and safety of all participants in the Child Enrichment Program. We are compliant with all CDC and DCFS guidelines and regulations. All participants, adult and youth, are required to wear a mask, wash hands, and social distance. Daily screenings are performed upon entering a CE site.
Children who participate in Child Enrichment benefit from:
- Positive connections with caring adults
- Fun classroom activities to promote academic skills including reading and writing
- Diverse activities that help develop their unique interests, talents, and skills
- Anti-bias and conflict resolution skills – teaching children to respect the viewpoints of others
- Opportunities to learn with community involvement and service
CE sites are available at YWCA of Alton (Alton School District site), Lewis & Clark Elementary (Wood River School District site), and Ivy Heights Church of God in Wood River (Roxana School District site). More sites serving the Alton School District are pending.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Child Enrichment Program Director at 618-465-7774.
YWCA of Alton offers child care programs throughout the school year, including before school, after school, early dismissal, and all day holiday camps. Some of the different experiences children have are:
- Homework Help
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics (STEAM) Curriculum and activities including science experiments and art projects
- Active Play Outside
- Character Education, involving enriching children’s knowledge of kindness, integrity, and other important values.
Read more and download documents
- Registration fee – $35, $25 for a second child and $20 for each additional child. Please note that registration fees are required even if other program fees are subsidized through the state or other assistance programs.
- Program Rates:
- Holiday & Day Camps – $30 per day
Before School After School Before & After School Full Time $51 $76 $113 Part Time $33 $47 $ 72
- A child will be allotted one weeks’ vacation throughout the calendar year (5 days for full time children and 3 days for part time children). Parents and guardians will not be required to pay for the one week. Please fill out a vacation request and turn in to the Child Enrichment Director two weeks in advance of the vacation.
- A reduction in fees due to absence because of extended illness or extenuating family circumstances may be considered at the discretion of the Executive Director.
A $25 fee will be charged for all refused EFT or debit card payments (NSF). Three NSF returns will result in your child being dropped from the program.
Before School: 6:30 a.m. – until start of school. Alton, Roxana and Wood RiverHartford Schoool district options available.
After School: 1:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. *Start times vary slightly based upon the school district
Full Day Camps: 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Kathy Holder Child Enrichment Director 618.465.7774 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dorothy Hummel Executive Director 618.465.7774 or email@example.com
Serving Alton School District
YWCA of Alton 304 E. Third St., Alton, IL (Before and After Care Options Available)
Serving Roxana School District
Ivy Heights Church, 1901 Old Alton Edwardsville Rd., Wood River (Before and After Care Options Available)
Serving Wood River Hartford School District
Lewis & Clark Elementary,501 E. Lorena, Wood River Hartford Elementary, 101 W. 2nd St, Hartford