YWCA of Alton is closely monitoring developments with COVID-19 and following the recommendations of public health experts. Read the latest news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The health and safety of our clients, staff, vendors, and volunteers is our primary concern, and as a result, we have closed all YWCA of Alton locations, temporarily suspending all programs and services.
Read the latest Financial Empowerment Services related to COVID if you are experiencing any financial impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic or want to learn more about free financial education resources. See below for other Community Resources including State of Illinois updates and response, information on food, housing, and transportation, support and guidance for parents, and more.
- State of Illinois Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Coronavirus in Illinois Updates (Chicago Tribune)
- COVID-19 Updates (Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development)
- COVID-19 and Unemployment Benefits FAQ (Illinois Department of Employment Security)
- Click here for additional financial empowerment resources and frequently asked questions.
Community Hope Center, 1201 Hope Center Lane, Cottage Hills, IL 62018, ph 618.259.0959
Cottage Hills, IL 62018 Click here to learn more.
Health and Wellness
- Free Home Work-INs (Planet Fitness)
- Free Mindfulness Classes for Kids (Mindful Schools)
- Free Yoga and Meditation Videos (CorePower Yoga on Demand)
Housing, Utilities, and Internet Access
Spectrum is offering free internet services for the next 60 days for those who qualify. Click here to learn more about this offer. COVID-19 Internet Offer For Students | Spectrum Support
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus (PBS KIDS)
- A Video to Help Kids Understand the Coronavirus (BrainPOP)
- 4 Easy Activities to Support Learning While Your Child is at Home (Teachstone)
- Free Online Learning Access for Schools and Families Impacted by School Closures (BrainPop)
- Free Online STEM Resources (STEMfinity)
- Education and Mental Health Resources for Kids and Families during Coronavirus Pandemic (ACEs Connection)
- Parent COVID-19 Resources (The School Association for Special Education in DuPage County)
- Madison County Transit is operating fare free until further notice. Click here for more information. www.mct.org
Other Resource Lists
- COVID-19 Information (Madison County Health Department)
- COVID-19 Information for Childcare Providers (Illinois Department of Human Services)