2019 Nomination Documents
The Women of Distinction event was initiated in 1991, to acknowledge women who through their boundless commitment to the community through their service to others and through their compassionate leadership, help improve the quality of life for everyone in their communities. The women recognized at this event represent the diversity of women’s interests, talents and achievements. Since 1991, more than 270 women have been recognized. In addition to recognizing outstanding women leaders, the event also raises money to support YWCA programming throughout the year through corporate sponsorship and event ticket sales.
- Can I nominate my partner/spouse if she is my business partner?
Yes. You may nominate your partner or spouse even if you are not in business together.
- Can I nominate a someone who was previously nominated?
- Can I nominate myself? YES
- When is the deadline? 5 p.m. on February 27, 2019 to email@example.com
- Should I include the nominee’s resume or articles written by or about the nominee?
No. The information on the form is the only information the selection panel can consider. You may submit one additional page of material. This rule was devised to simplify the selection process and to make their decision process as fair as possible for all nominees.
Women of Distinction Award – Purpose: to acknowledge women who in their spare time go above and beyond their families and careers to make a difference in the Riverbend community.
I/We wish to nominate the woman listed below as a 2019 Woman of Distinction.
- Get the approval of your nominee prior to submitting the nomination.
- The nominee may not be a previous recipient. See the full list of recipients
- The nominee demonstrates the following qualities:
- Gives back to the community through her time, talent, and resources
- Demonstrates a commitment to the YWCA mission of eliminating racism and empowering women
- Supports policies, practices, attitudes and actions designed to produce equitable outcomes for all
- Advocates for positive social change that helps to improve her community
- Serves as a mentor to other women and girls by her actions
- The nominee lives, works, or volunteers in Madison or Jersey County.
- You may include 2 to 3 letters of support (no more than 1 can be from an immediate family member). Please be clear and concise.
- Please do not submit additional materials other than those requested. Resumes and articles are not required.
- Do not place the nominee’s name on the application
- Nomination formatting notes:
- Handwritten materials and faxes will not be accepted.
- Please no binders, laminations or paper clips. Staple only.
- Additional sheets may be attached, if the space provided is not sufficient.
- Submit nomination packet – nomination application and support letters to the YWCA of Alton by 5:00 p.m. on February 27, 2019, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a printed copy at 304 East Third Street, Alton, or mail to 304 East Third Street, Alton, IL If mailed – must be postmarked no later than 5:00 pm February 27, 2019. No exceptions to this deadline will be made.
- A list of frequently asked questions [FAQs] may be downloaded from the YWCA website – altonywca.com or may be viewed on Facebook at www.facebook.com/altonywca
You may make additional copies of the Nomination form.